ChatBox

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nicole Scherzinger: I pretended to be Whitney

Nicole Scherzinger pretended to be Whitney Houston when she was growing up.

The star has revealed she was a huge fan of the legendary singer as a child, and would spend hours singing along to her most famous tracks. Nicole admits she lacked confidence when she was younger, and always felt happiest when she was behind a microphone.

“I was really shy as a kid, but I’d always sing at family get-togethers and pretend I was Whitney Houston!” Nicole said in an interview with British magazine Star.

The 32-year-old beauty also confirmed her band, the Pussycat Dolls, are currently on “hiatus” and she is focusing on her solo career. Even though she isn’t sure if the group will reunite in the future, Nicole insists she is still hoping it will happen.

“It’s inevitable if you put five chicks together and make them one of the biggest groups in the world, breathing each others’ air 24/7, things are gonna clash,” she explained. “But I haven’t left, it’s still there for the future.”

Nicole went on to discuss her acting career, revealing she is keen to show off her comedic timing in a movie. The beauty claims she is a “goofball” and can’t understand why people perceive her as intimidating.

“I guess I’m a pretty good actress. I asked a friend recently why people are blown away when they meet me. And my friend said: ‘Maybe you were playing this persona of Queen Doll in the group for so long that people think that’s what you are really like.’ So I guess I’m just a really good actress!” she laughed. “I can’t wait to do more comedy. I love being goofy. I’m naturally a goofball!”

Nicole is so busy working on her singing and acting projects, she has no plans to get married to her boyfriend, racing driver Lewis Hamilton. However, she has refused to rule out tying the knot in the future. “Everything in its time,” she teased.


Source: musicrooms.net

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan