ChatBox

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sonam doesn’t look like us:Anil

Presenting Anil Kapoor and daughter Sonam, who makes her debut as an actress, in an interview with Hyderabad Times for the very first time

Anil Kapoor faced the camera for the first time at 12 in Kanak Mishra’s Tu Payal Main Geet alongside young Shashi Kapoor, where the scene had Pran snatching a taveez from his neck. “Quite a violent shot, yet everybody clapped as I was brilliant. But the film never saw the light of day,” laughs Anil who ain’t ready to hang up his boots just yet even as daughter Sonam, a statuesque beauty at 5’ 9 1/2, gears up to take a bow at the box office sweepstakes with her debut film Saawariya, directed by the wizard of visual drama, Sanjay Leela Bhansali.

Today, it’s all about Sonam. “I was very excited and nervous when I gave my first shot in Karjat. Everything looked familiar and I felt at home in front of the camera. The funny thing is, that the shot required me to be in the background, walking down a bridge, and I had full make up on!” says Sonam, tossing her Rapunzel-like tresses off her pretty face.

Who does she take after - Anil or Sunita? “Sonam doesn’t look like Sunita or me! She’s beautiful. But her smile’s like mine. I think it’s wonderful that she doesn’t resemble anyone and has her own unique face,” laughs Anil. “I think I look like Mom, but I have Dad’s smile and nose and our personalities are similar too. I’m in awe of Anil Kapoor, the actor. I’d love to work with him as a professional someday,” wishes Sonam.

The talk veers to Saawariya. “I’ve seen parts of the film and it’s spectacular. Sanjay’s presentation is world class. It’s a dream debut for any actor,” says Anil as Sonam adds, “It’s definitely a grand launch. Also, working with Bhansali as an assistant director on Black, was a great experience.”

Source: timesofindia.indiatimes.com/

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan