ChatBox

Friday, October 10, 2008

Alan Ball Biography

Date of Birth
13 May 1957, Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Birth Name
Alan E. Ball

Trivia

Graduate of Florida State University School of Theatre

Wrote a play called "Five Women Wearing the Same Dress." It is about bridesmaids getting ready for a wedding in Knoxville, Tennessee.

He is outspokenly gay and his work often includes gay issues or characters such as "David Fisher" on "Six Feet Under" (2001).

He had an older sister who died in a car accident the year he was 13.

Personal Quotes

On his early TV career: "The shows I were on were all about serving the star's egos. I had this free-floating rage... It's factory work. I had no emotional connection with what I was writing."

Beauty is in the strangest places. A piece of garbage floating in the wind. And that beauty exists in America. It exists everywhere. You have to develop an eye for it and be able to see it.

I want to write a play - my playwriting career was just beginning to take off when I got the offer to come to Hollywood and write for TV. I'm also sitting on a couple of screenplays I've written which I would like to direct when Six Feet Under comes to an end. I'm also looking to start a family with my partner, get better at meditating, read all the great books I haven't yet read, and hopefully write a novel myself before I die.

We can make movies like "There's Something About Mary," using semen as hair gel, and it's a huge hit - but to show a bloody tampon is considered shocking. I think that says a lot about our culture's attitude towards women and towards female sexuality.

Source: imdb.com

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan