ChatBox

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Child finds bomb, eyewitness tells of ‘shock of a lifetime’

New Delhi: Two live bombs were diffused at Central Park, and another live bomb was found by a child at Barakhamba Road late Saturday night. At the time of going to press, the police were expecting to find more bombs.

According to eyewitnesses, while some bombs were kept in dustbins, the one at Greater Kailash I Market (GK M) was planted on a cycle rickshaw.

Devinder Singh, 34, who was injured in this blast said, “I went to meet my friend in the market. I heard a huge explosion and splinters hit me on my neck and eye.

I then fell unconscious.” Devinder regained consciousness at AIIMS where doctors declared him out of danger.

Company executive Rohit Tiwari, who was close to the site of the Barakhamba Road blast, says it was the shock of a lifetime for him.

“Earlier, I had seen the impact of a blast on TV, but this time I saw it with my own eyes. This is the shock of a lifetime,” said Tiwari.

Tiwari said he heard an explosion and within minutes people were lying in a pool of blood. “The blast was from a roadside dustbin.

A man I had seen standing there minutes ago lay on the ground after the blast... I think at least three people who were standing close to the dustbin died on the spot,” he said.

Source: mumbaimirror.com

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan