ChatBox

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Priyanka protects

Priyanka Chopra's much-talked about character of Abhishek Bachchan's bodyguard in Drona, was suggested by Abhishek. Initially, Priyanka was to play only his love interest.

When contacted, Abhishek revealed, "During the scripting stage, when Goldie said that Priyanka will play my love interest, I suggested that apart from that she should also be my bodyguard. In the film, her father's character is my father's bodyguard. Since I take over my family legacy in Drona, I thought why not let Priyanka do that too?"

This isn't the first time that Abhishek has pitched in his ideas. Rakeysh Mehra, who is directing him in Dilli 6, vouches that Abhishek is a storehouse of ideas and plots and would one day be directing a film.

Ask Abhishek about Rakeysh's comment and he laughs, "I don't know about the directing bit yet.

As for Priyanka playing my bodyguard, I think it's a welcome change from the traditional man-woman role often depicted in our films.

Our patriarchal society has always defined women as subservient, but we do worship goddesses. Besides, I am used to having strong women around me - my mother and my wife Aishwarya. And no, I am not a male chauvinist at all. If I was, I would not have suggested a female co-star to play my bodyguard."
Abhishek is gung-ho about the plans for a Drona sequel much before the film's release. He says, "I think I am the only actor to have worked in sequels of three different films - Dhoom and Dhoom 2, Sarkar and Sarkar Raj and now Drona and its sequel."

Apparently, there is a strong buzz in the industry that Aishwarya Rai will star in the Drona Sequel. But neither Abhishek nor Goldie is talking about it at the moment.

Source: mumbaimirror.com

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan