ChatBox

Friday, September 21, 2007

Jessica Alba falls into some 'Good Luck'

IN "Good Luck Chuck," Jessica Alba plays Cam Wexler, a sweet albeit dangerously clumsy girl who works in a penguin habitat and lives alone in an apartment laden with penguin-paraphernalia. Apparently, she reeeally loves those birds.
Dane Cook plays her star-crossed love interest, Chuck, a guy who has the strange power to help women find true love ... the moment they leave him.

And while Alba may have just won the Teen Choice "Hottie of the Year" award, she says her real life isn't all that different from the two-left-footed Cam.

How so? Consider that the 26-year-old actress chipped a tooth while making the movie — just a week before she was supposed to film a scene where her character does the same thing.

Not to mention, Alba has her own unlucky-in-love issues. According to reports, longtime boyfriend Cash Warren had a fling with a 20-year-old model in New York City. (Note to self: If even Jessica Alba has man problems, we're all doomed).

We sat down with Alba to find out what it's like to be hot, clumsy, and a perennial tomboy.

Q: How does it feel winning "Hottie of the Year" at the Teen Choice Awards?

A: It's silly.

Q: With all that attention, do you ever feel insecure about your looks?

A: Of course I do. ... I am just like everyone else.

Q: You dedicated the award to Ross, a boy you kissed when you were 7. What would you do if he tried to contact you now?

A: I think that would be kind of creepy.

I feel like if you're meant to run into people in life I think it should happen organically.

Q: So what happened (with Ross)?

A: I was the only girl in a huge group of boys. I was always playing sports with the boys and they were always picking me last. I remember when he wanted to kiss me, he said if I kissed him, he would pick me first for his team. But he still picked me last.

Q: Your character falls a lot in "Good Luck Chuck." Why do you think there are so many hot, clumsy girls in romantic comedies?

A: Well, I think it's disarming to see someone who doesn't really have control of their body, whether it's because their mind is elsewhere or because that person is just a total

klutz. It's a perfect role for me because I used to be that girl.

Q: So are you still clumsy?

A: Yes. Actually during filming, Dane and I smacked faces, and I chipped my tooth. I was so embarrassed. ... But it was hilarious, we actually totally laughed about it.

Q: How was it, working with all those penguins?

A: They're great. They poo a lot, but that's about it. They just sort of waddle and run into each other, but when they're swimming, they're so graceful.

Q: Your character is obsessed with penguins. Do you have any real life obsessions?

A: Shoes. shoes and shoes.

Q: Has Chuck's "curse" ever happened to you?

A: One guy. ... But I've kinda been off the market for seven years.

Q: Are you dating now?

A: I don't like to talk about that.

Q: You've done mostly action movies. What was it like working on a comedy?

A: It was great. Every day I was crying at the end of the day because Dane and I totally got along and we just had a good time. For a while I was terrified because I was like, "What if I'm not funny?" I had all that anxiety. But I had so much fun.

Q: How was it different from doing action movies?

A: I'm not running around trying to make sure that the character is a certain way and I'm not having to dodge bullets and put up fake force fields — what is a force field, anyway? I felt like a real person.

Q: When you're in L.A., what's your favorite spot to hang out?

A: If I told you my favorite spot, then everyone would know about it and it wouldn't be my favorite spot anymore.

Q: Where would you never go?

A: Universal Studios. Universal CityWalk. I think I stopped going there when I was 13. I don't really do anything touristy.

Source: http://www.mercurynews.com

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan