ChatBox

Saturday, January 31, 2009

"The Sweet Bird Of Youth"

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."
Friedrich Nietzsche

I have been reading all the "goodbyes", watching all the comments about "thumbs down", experiencing the negative comments and games occuring on this site. Watching the "old timers" grow weary of infighting, so they leave. Seeing people attacked by leaving messages in their PM boxes. Comments about not leaving comments on blogs. Comments about thumbing down and running. Trolls. Instigators.

This has really gone on too long! "Viewgate" started last summer! People were getting reported to SN. People were being attacked. Blogs were taken off the site. All about views! Views on your blog! Is is really THAT central? So very important we hash and trash it months later?

As for me, this is my hobby. I want to "sign in" to SN, and if I choose, write a blog about what is going on in Cleveland sports-wise. I don't want to read about the fighting and games! I don't want to be saddenend when yet another friend leaves! My hobby is FUN, not a CHORE!

I don't want to be told how to increase my views, thank you very much. I don't want to be told how to write a blog. I don't want the spelling or grammar content of my blog reviewed and commented on. I write what I feel about my sports teams. I'm appeciative that anyone would read my blog. But if you agree or disagree with me is really of no consequence. And my gosh! I DON'T take it all so seriously that I attack or start rumors or look at blog view counts!

This is, first and foremost, a sports website! Can we not discuss sports and our teams? Some choose to run contests on this site, and rank and rate. That's fine. That is their website experience. If others participate, that's great! I'm not really into judging another's blog. Nor do I write my blog so that it can get ranked. I do "JD Challenges" as something fun.

My point in all of this? We're adults here! Let's start acting like adults! Share our views. Share our passion for sports! Tell eachother about our teams. LEARN about another team. LEARN about diferent cities and people all over! Share different views without fighting! That SN'ers, as I have said numerous times before, is the true essence of this site!

Look at some of the "young people" on this site (those in high-school or have just entered college). I don't see them arguing over view counts. I don't see them leaving nasty messages in PM boxes. I don't see them starting rumors. They don't let accusations fly regarding inflating view counts! They don't try to rouse eachother, nor start trouble. You know what these kids do? They write about sports! They share information! And, they support eachother! What A Concept!

We're supposed to be the Adults here. But, perhaps we can learn from the young ones on this site? They seem to be acting much more maturely than some of us. I wanted to give them a well-deserved "Shout Out". I encourage you all to read their blogs. Some of my "young" friends include:

2012wph - An SEC'r thru and thru. Blogs about college football and more! A future award-winning sports writer too!

MinnyNewfie12 - The Canuck from Newfoundland knows hockey and contributes greatly to the community with Blog Mania!

Yankees3Fan7 - Just an all-around good blogger, except for that Yankees thing!

GCM - - Originally from NE Ohio, the Orange 'N Brown, and Scarlet 'n Grey Waves Proudly!

GeekinthePink and JaysFan: Young sports writers with insight. I think they are brothers or good friends.

Graham222 - Great football blogger, contest author, future star basketball player and wants a scholarship for college.

lgmountaineers and WVU Maniac - - Showing us the "Pride of the Mountaineers"! WVU just entered West Virginia University and lg is going next year.

OhioState1016 -- Another future award-winning sports writer, who writes about our Buckeyes and wrestling, while attending THEE Ohio State University.

Lets Blog!


Source: sportingnews.com

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan