ChatBox

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sean McHugh: Part of me was 'excited' Lions were losing

Ex-Detroit Lions fullback Sean McHugh went from getting cut by one of the worst teams in football to being picked up by the Pittsburgh Steelers, who are now headed to the Super Bowl.

McHugh blogged about the season-long experience, and was open about some of the bad feelings he had for the Lions.

PittsburghSteelers.com, January 26: Each week watching the Lions play part of you is excited that they are losing because you are kind of getting them back, but at the same time I still have a lot of good friends and teammates there. I went through that offseason program. I know those guys worked hard. No one deserves to have that kind of season. It was kind of mixed emotions. Part of me was smiling, you know saying that's what you guys get. Part of me, my heart went out to those guys who worked so hard and came up short. I'll hopefully be able to send Matt Millen a big thank you letter. Those guys gave me an opportunity there and made me a better football player when I was there. The way it worked out for me is pretty special.


Many thanks to Mista Wright for passing along the link!

Source: blog.mlive.com

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan