ChatBox

Monday, February 23, 2009

Sean Penn's Wonderful Oscars Acceptance Speech


Although Sean Penn's win for Best Actor at the Oscars tonight might have been a bit of an upset for some, in the end, Penn's wonderful acceptance speech should have made up for any complaints. Since Penn won for his portrayal as Harvey Milk in Gus Van Sant's Milk, his speech reflected the recent Proposition 8 issues in California and featured quite a bit of good light-hearted (gay and non-gay) comedy. Penn also thanked everyone else associated with the film, but did so very admirably. Thankfully we've already got the video of his speech up, so if you want to watch it again, or see it for the first time, check it out below.

Watch Sean Penn's acceptance speech from the Oscars:



We are working on a complete transcript, so check back for that soon!

In regards to Penn's win, I'm actually not as opposed to it as others may be. Sure, I love Mickey Rourke, and sure I really wanted him to win, but I'm satisfied with Sean Penn just as much. I remember saying specifically the moment I walked out of Milk that Sean Penn not only deserved an Oscar, but could probably win it. But this was before I saw The Wrestler, and although I love Rourke's performance in The Wrestler and think he's equally as deserving because he has made such an incredible comeback, Penn's performance was just as incredible. So yes, take that you "commie, homo-loving sons of gun!" I hope you enjoy!


Source: firstshowing.net

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan