ChatBox

Monday, December 3, 2007

I am not high-handed: Shiney

Ask the versatile Shiney Ahuja why half the film industry thinks he’s got an attitude problem and is not easy to track down, even for interviews, and he sheepishly insists that he is confident but never rude.
“I don’t belong to the film industry and I don’t even have a daddy to talk about me and my achievements. People might think I am high-handed, but it’s not true. It’s just that sometimes I might be too pre-occupied with things that I have on my plate right now. Hopefully, everything will be sorted out after I have a better support system,” clarifies Shiney.

Delhi dude Shiney’s rags-to-riches story is typically one that many aspiring actors in Mumbai have undergone. For someone who almost made his debut in Farhan Akhtar’s Dil Chahta Hai, success and critical acclaim took its own time, but it came with Sudhir Mishra’s Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi. After receiving a thumbs up from critics for his performance in Life in a Metro and commercial success in Bhool Bhulaiyaa, the actor says playing second fiddle to any actor, especially someone as big as Akshay Kumar, is perfectly alright. “It does not matter if other actors walk away with the credit because everyone contributes to a film. Now you might even see me dance and sing in my next — Har Pal,” he assures.

In his new film, Khoya Khoya Chand, Shiney is rumoured to be doing a reel portrayal of Guru Dutt. Something that Shiney doesn’t agree with. “I would not say it is modelled on the role of Guru Dutt. The film will definitely take you back to the golden era of 50s and 60s. The film revolves around a writer from Lucknow who becomes a film director,” he explains.

How uncomfortable is he doing ‘skin’ scenes with co-stars (he’s done his share of cosy love scenes with Chitrangada Singh in Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, Kangana Ranaut in Gangster and Woh Lamhe and with Shilpa Shetty in Life in a Metro). “We shoot love scenes in front of a room full of people. So there’s no room for anything but professionalism when we do these kind of scenes,” shrugs Shiney.

Is Shiney happy with the way his career is shaping up? “Being happy and wanting the sky are different things. I can say that I aspire to do better work and be happy about it,” he says.

Spoken like a true diplomat!

Source: timesofindia.indiatimes.com

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan