ChatBox

Monday, December 3, 2007

Hrishitaa : Back in action

"Whatever happens happens for the best."

You’ve not been much in the news past couple of years...

I was studying at one point. I had started off really young, and I wanted to give enough time to my education as well. So I wasn’t taking on every film that came my way. I had only a few releases. After that came a gap when I had no releases, but I was working on some films. Because I wasn’t seen much, there was a lot of speculation whether I’d quit or I’d got married! (laughs). I am very much around and hopefully I should be seen in a lot more movies now.

Earlier this year you had a few releases...

Yes. A Bengali film Pidhatarlekha, produced and directed by Rani Mukherjee’s brother Raja, was a hit. Also Dharam released. It was critically acclaimed and was invited to Cannes. Another film Godfather, which is an Indo-Pak venture, that stars Vinod Khanna and Nafisa Ali, released in Pakistan, but it’s yet to release here. Currently I’ve got a couple of films that I am shooting for. And I’m in the process of finalising a few more.

You started around five to six years ago. Do you wish you’d handled your career differently?

Whatever happens happens for the best. Everything meant to be is going to be. I don’t think there was any other way. I am satisfied. But, yes, as an artist you are never satisfied. There’s lots more to do. Once an actor always an actor. You can take a break but you can’t leave!

Any actor you are hoping to work with in the future?

Lots of them. I started with Shah Rukh Khan in Asoka, I did Shararat with Abhishek Bachchan, Out of control with Riteish Deshmukh. I want to work with all of them again and everyone else I’ve worked with.

Work apart, what’s on the personal front?

Personal front has been simple with no controversies! I am single and I’m loving it.

Shahid Kapoor and you were seeing each other years ago. Post his breakup with Kareena Kapoor your name sprung up and there was buzz of a reunion?

No comments on that.

In general do you think a couple that’s split could get back?

I don’t think too much about these things. Now that depends from person to person. It’s an individual thing. It’s between two people and it depends on them and not the whole world to comment.

Source: timesofindia.indiatimes.com

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan