ChatBox

Monday, December 3, 2007

Sameera:Saying no to erotica

Just in case you were wondering where the voluptuous model-turned-actress Sameera Reddy has disappeared, here's an interesting piece of news.

The actress says that these days she is on a back foot when it comes to smooching and bold scenes and she has her own reasons for it. In a bindaas interview to NT, she tells why.

Saying no to erotica
The sensuous actress is often referred to as the desi Jennifer Lopez. She says "It's definitely a compliment" but goes on to add that she has decided to go easy on sensuous roles. Her steamy scenes with Anil Kapoor in Musafir had created waves not so long ago. Ask her the reason and she tells, "Indian audience is not yet ready for such erotic scenes. I am definitely not going in for an image makeover, but yes, I won't do such scenes till the audience is suitably matured. All my forthcoming flicks have me playing bubbly, young characters."

Gossip, Gossip
Sameera Reddy has been linked with her co-star NTR Junior, director Sanjay Gupta and a European DJ. Recently she was spotted in Goa with a hunk Shamshul Lalani. Ask her whether we hear the wedding bells in the near future and she is quick to reply, "I just don't like to comment on my personal life. I am concentrating on my career right now." Rubbishing the rumours, she adds, "I fail to understand from where such gossip emanates and I want to put these rumours to rest."

Scoring brownie points
Sameera is on a professional high these days. She is working in Mira Nair's film Migration. Talking about the film she says, "The movie is on AIDS and will be released next year. It's been great working with Shiney Ahuja and Irrfan."

She adds, "I am also appearing with Katrina Kaif, Bipasha Basu and Saif Ali Khan in action thriller Race." Was working with all these topnotch stars tough? Weren't there any ego clashes on the sets? She laughs before replying, "They are all thorough professionals. The women behaved themselves while the boys - Akshaye Khanna and Saif Ali Khan- were busy playing chess on the sets."

Hollywood charm
The actress can't stop raving about her Hollywood connect. "I met George Clooney sometime back and he complimented me on the saree I was wearing and on my traditional bindi and bangles. I also met Shakira, she's very coy and very pretty," says Sameera.

Spooky tales
Ask Sameera what's the most weird thing she has ever done and she is quick to reply. "I sleepwalk and scare people. It's actually very spooky." Narrating an old incident, she says, "I and my friends had been to Mahabaleshwar for picnic and had rented a cottage near a graveyard. Each one of us had many ghostly stories to tell and then we all went off to sleep. Next morning I saw everybody shocked and staring blankly at me. I asked them what had happened and they told me that in the middle of the night, I just woke up and started talking to three invisible guys. Even the boys could not understand what was happening."

Family bonding
The actress is the youngest sister of Meghna and Sushma Reddy. Ask her whether her older sisters bully her and Sameera corrects us immediately, "Not at all! They stay abroad and I just don't find enough time to chat with them. My mom Nakshatra is my best friend right now. She is a supermom and I admire her zest for life. "

Source: timesofindia.indiatimes.com

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan