ChatBox

Monday, December 10, 2007

Age is on my side:Hansika

'I did get a lot of offers for roles opposite younger actors but for me, it’s the script that’s important', says Hansika
What have you been upto since Aap Ka Suroor?
l I got numerous offers after the film but I wanted to do something really different after playing Riya in Aap Ka Suroor. I took three months break after the film and then signed Kumar Mangat’s Money Hai Toh Honey Hai . I also did a South film opposite Junior NTR which has completed 200 days and I’ll be leaving soon for Mauritius for a Telugu film Country, opposite Junior NTR again.

What’s your role in Money Hai Toh... all about?
It’s a complete contrast to my earlier film. In Money... you’ll get to see a completely different Hansika. I’m opposite Chi Chi (Govinda), which means there’s a whole lot of comedy involved.

Himesh Reshammiya and Govinda are both much elder to you. Why aren’t you working with younger actors?
See I did get a lot of offers for roles opposite younger actors but for me, it’s the script that’s important. When I did Aap Ka Suroor, I knew that the film will have great music and amazing publicity, which it did. Here, I’m opposite Chi Chi and I’m learning so much from him. I have not considered who’s younger or elder. It’s not that I don’t want to act alongside younger actors. I would love to work with all of them but my role has to be good too.

How’s Govinda as a co-actor?
Chi Chi is a terrific actor and the world knows that. I may not have had a long career but from whatever I’ve learnt from him in these last 30 days or so, I will always cherish.

And have you discovered your comic streak too?
That you’ll have to wait and watch! (smiles)

You had to put on some weight for your debut film, have you managed to lose it?
Oh yes! I lost nine kilos and in fact, my director Ganesh Acharya finally had to tell me to stop losing so much weight!

Any other films in your kitty?
There’s nothing as of now. It took me three months to sign anything after my first film. I know I have to earn my bread and butter but I’m not here only for money. My first passion is acting. I’m going through a lot of scripts these days. I don’t want to restrict myself to one image. I did a serious role in Aap... and I’ll be doing comedy in the next. The best part is that age is on my side; I’ve just completed 16. There’s a lot I have to learn.

Source: timesofindia.indiatimes.com

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan