ChatBox

Monday, December 3, 2007

Yehi hai fight choice, baby!

Shahid Kapur is torn between estranged parents, Neelima Azim and Pankaj Kapur. Both want Shahid to act in their respective films. That would've have been very easily possible had Pankaj not issued a directive to Shahid, saying that he cannot , come what may, act in Neelima's film.
When Shahid tried to reason it out, Pankaj simply put a pre-condition asking Shahid to choose between his or her film. Needless to say, Neelima is extremely upset over her ex-husband Pankaj Kapur and his wife Supriya Pathak's interference in Shahid's life.

Neelima says, "I don't know why people are trying to create problems between me and Shahid. I will narrate the script to him in a couple of days. I have just finished the story."

She goes on to talk about her son and the issues surrounding him. "I have brought up Shahid singlehandedly . Some people are trying to create unnecessary problems between us and even if they succeed for the time being, it won't affect our relationship in the long run," she says.

As for her film, Neelima says, "I am making an out-and-out commercial film. For those who have expressed doubts about my ability to do this project, I would like to say that I have put in all my experience of 16 years into it. My sister Saba Zaidi, who designed for Umrao Jaan, will be the costume director for the film."

When asked about Pankaj Kapur making a film with son Shahid, she says, "I've always maintained a low profile. I am not trying to take the limelight away from my son. Shahid is an important part of my life and he has travelled with me the world over when I used to be a dancer. I remember him sitting in Birju Maharaj's lap when he was just four years old. His father has no contribution in his life."

What does she feel about Pankaj's sudden interference in Shahid's career? "Where was his father for the last 23 years when Shahid was growing up? He not sent a single paisa for his son's education. I have sacrificed my dancing career in order to raise my child. I began doing television so that I could earn enough for both of us."

She says that Pankaj's imposing conditions on Shahid is simply not done. "It annoys me to see Supriya saying that Shahid is her bada beta. Where was she when Shahid was in hospital? Where was she when he needed help with his school projects ?" Neelima demands to know.

When contacted, Pankaj Kapur says, "I do not indulge in such things and would not like to talk about it. Why should I stop him from working in any film?"

Source: timesofindia.indiatimes.com

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan