ChatBox

Monday, December 10, 2007

Gimme more!

One of them is an engineer, another was considering business management while the third could have done nothing but make music. Now that all three of them have found their true calling in music, they couldn’t ask for more. DT chats with Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy...

You recently performed in Delhi, how was the experience?
Shankar: It was very emotional, the passion of the crowd moved me.
Ehsaan: Delhi crowd has always been so wonderful; we wanted to give them more.
Loy: It was a memorable experience performing to the wonderful sea of humanity gathered.

How difficult was it becoming what you are today?
Shankar: I was an engineer with a lucrative job and leading a comfortable life. I wanted to break out of that cocoon and wanted to do the thing closest to my heart before it was too late. Leaving your comfort zone is always difficult but one has to gather courage and follow one’s heart.
Ehsaan: I flunked science in school so I thought I would end up studying graphics or business management. That was when my uncle suggested that I should take the risk and study music. I was sceptical but he said everything in life involves risk. So I went to America to do so and it changed my life. Had I not believed in my dreams, I wouldn’t be here today.
Loy: I prefer flowing with the drift. Boys fantasise about becoming soldiers and pilots and I was no different. There were no professionals around me but music was there in my house. My brother was in a rock band and singers like Remo Fernandes used to visit our house. I just knew I had to do this.

How important is it for an artist to be socially responsible?
Shankar: I’m not into the politics of adopting a cause but yes, it is important to do be socially proactive. But again, it varies from individual to individual. Every single man doing his job honestly would be enough to change our society.
Ehsaan: What you get, you must return. One can’t afford to be selfish. If we can influence people in any way, we need to do our bit.
Loy: We are the channel of joy to millions of people who forget their pains while listening to our music. The society absorbs what you give them.

Creating music for the bigwigs of the industry, especially SRK, how does it feel?
Shankar: When we know we are composing for a Shah Rukh Khan starrer, we have a certain security that it’ll be seen and heard by a lot more people. However, we make music with equal passion and enthusiasm even for a newcomer.
Ehsaan: When we sit down together, our aim is to make great music. We concentrate on the music rather than the star.
Loy : It’s the director’s call. We deliver what we consider is our best and what the director expects. SRK or no SRK, we give our best.

One very important philosophy which keeps you going everyday?
Shankar: To create more music, one lifetime is not enough. Right now, we have only scratched the tip of the iceberg.
Ehsaan: Music.
Loy: Music, music, music.

Source: timesofindia.indiatimes.com

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan