ChatBox

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Alex Kingston Biography


Justify FullDate of Birth
11 March 1963, London, England, UK

Birth Name
Alexandra Kingston

Height
5' 7" (1.70 m)

Spouse
Florian Haertel (29 December 1998 - present) 1 child
Ralph Fiennes (1993 - 28 October 1997) (divorced)

Trivia

Attended RADA (Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts) where she met her husband, actor Ralph Fiennes. The couple separated on 13 October 1995.

A former member of the Royal Shakespeare Company and has performed extensively in the theater.

Is fluent in German.

Her husband, Florian Haertel, is a German freelance journalist.

Daughter 'Salome Violetta Haertel' born weighing 6 lbs. 11oz. [28 March 2001]

Her real-life daughter, 'Salome Violetta Haertel', played her daughter Ella Green in "ER" (1994)'s Season 8 episode "On the Beach".

Ex-sister-in-law of Joseph Fiennes, Martha Fiennes and George Tiffin.

Personal Quotes

About California... "I thought it was an appalling place. Then I went through a period of being amused by it. Now it's sort of both. Californians don't have that marvelous British cynicism, but then the British can be so patronizing at times".

On her nude scenes: "I didn't have any qualms. I'm used to taking my clothes off in front of strangers. I've done it since I was 14 - with my mother's adult education art classes. She liked to paint and I went along as a life model."

"It's funny. I'm now in a more senior position and yet those feelings of sheer utter excitment of going to work just don't exist any more." - on ER

"Certainly, since Anthony Edwards left "ER" (1994), I would say that my work on the show has diminished in terms of the challenges I face as an actress and what I am getting to do creatively on the show. If it continues to be diminished, then I am not going to be very happy".

I do get annoyed with myself. I wish I was more focused and pushy as an actress. I suppose I should be out there more saying 'I want to do this role' or 'Get me seen by this person.' But that's just not me.

On playing Dr. River Song in the "Doctor Who" (2005) episodes "Silence in the Library" and "Forest of the Dead": I've always wanted to be like Sigourney Weaver in Alien (1979); this is probably as close as I'll get.

Where Are They Now

(June 2004) Reported as leaving "ER" (1994) because producers believe her character, icy surgeon Elizabeth Corday, has "run its course" and did not renew her contract. Interviewed in UK's Radio Times Magazine she said she had become "deeply unhappy" on the show and was aware she was being used less.


Source: imdb.com

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan